A comprehensive incentive package is the mainstay of Puerto Rico‘s export and investment promotion strategy. It is a set of incentives and benefits granted by the Government of Puerto Rico as tools for business growth. Above are a list of the filling fees applicable to most of the incentives.
1. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $750.00
- New Application / Case;
- Transfer of shares between related companies
2. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $4.500.00
- Re-negotiations, Consolidations, Waivers and Additional Exemptions**
- Transfer of control of non-affiliated companies
- Cases under Section 16(b)(3)****
3. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $500.00
4. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $450.00
- Amendments (any change in address, change in name of entity, to add or remove municipalities, to add or remove products or services, request special clauses, fixing date of effectiveness or postponement for up to 4 years since the Decree was approved and it has not been elected, when the term to unconditionally accept a decree or amendment)
- Transfer of shares without change in control
5. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $50.00
- Applications under Sections 3(f), 6(f), y 10(b)*****
- Submittal or issuance of any certificate; sworn statement or affidavit to clarify information about the application that is in process, but has not been approved; unconditional acceptance of Decree or Amendments; notification of residence (Act 22); determination of commencement of operations (if made within the year of the Decree being approved) or any other sworn document for which filing fee has not been set expressly.
6. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $100.00
7. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $300.00
- Annual Reports
8. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $5,000.00
- One-time fee established by virtue of Act 241-2014 – Special Fund under the Act to Promote
the Transfer of Individual Investors to Puerto Rico******
9. The following items will be subject to a filling fee of $0.00
- Report for Novel Pioneering Activity*******, Order of clarification where the P.R. Office of Industrial Tax Exemptions, the P.R. Department of Treasury or the P.R. Industrial Development Company omitted or mistakenly did not include information submitted in the application.
The filing fees* will be paid only by certificate check, manager's check or money order, in the order of the P.R. Secretary of the Treasury. They don't accept vouchers, except as described in section 15.
* Filing fees are subject to revision. All payments should be made to the attention of the Secretary of the P.R. Department of Treasury, by Manager’s Check or Money Order, with the exception of the “Act 22 – One-Time Fee of $5,000” (see footnote 7).
** The Grantee must have complied with the filing of their annual reports.
*** Sections corresponding to Act 135-1997 and Act 8-1987.
**** Section corresponding to Act 73-2008.
***** Sections corresponding to Act 8-1987, Act 135-1997 and Act 73-2008.
****** To be satisfied through a voucher purchase at a Tax Collector’s Office of the P. R. Department of Treasury.
******* Request must be filed with the P.R. Industrial Development Company.
Source: P.R. Office of Industrial Tax Exemptions
DISCLAIMER. The materials contained on this website are for general information purpose only. They do not constitute official legal, investment or professional advice. The reader may not rely only on the contents of this article as such. PR Incentives assumes no liability for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information contained in this article and expressively disclaim all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to or reliance on any information provided in this article. The evaluation of applications to receive the incentives and benefits here described are subject to the dispositions applicable under the law and regulations.